Snow, Snow, and more...Snow!

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that Texas weather is usually a little weird and always unpredictable. But this week's weather has been the epitome of weird and unpredictable!

On Monday, it was very rainy and cloudy or as we call it in my classroom "icky". Monday night, the rain turned into snow, and we awoke to a snowy morning on Tuesday. Thankfully the roads were okay so it was school as usual, or atleast as usual as it can be when you have twenty-one Texan 7-year-olds who never see snow. ha! We took the students out to play in the snow for a few minutes and by afternoon it was gone. Wednesday it was back up to about 60 degrees again, and we took the kids out for extra recess to enjoy the beautiful day. When I got to school on Thursday, I could tell it was going to be another "icky" day. It rained all morning, sleeted through lunchtime, and by afternoon there were GIANT snowflakes falling at a rapid speed. We all left school as early as possible to get home before the storm got worse. When I was driving home, the blowing snow was coming down so hard that I couldn't see the white lines in the road. It was nuts! Thankfully, my school district called last night(Thursday) and decided we would have a 2-hour delayed start today. It was super nice to sleep in a bit. I think I could get used to a late-morning start!

Of course, now as I sit here 12 hours later, the only evidence that there was ever any snow are the few melting snowmen leaning over in the yards of children everywhere. Well...I guess that is Texas weather for you! Here are some pictures of the winter wonderland!






1 comments:

That's MORE snow than we saw in West Texas last week! Looks like you enjoyed it!
How is everything going with the house!?! Are you getting more and more excited?!? I'm waiting to see more pics.
Love you!
Donna

March 11, 2008 at 10:48 AM