Time for Catch-up

I know that it has been FOREVER since my last post and I apologize. Patrick and I have been so busy ever since moving into our new house in March. It seems that every weekend is another project...

I wanted to give you a few updates on what's been going on. First of all, we tiled our guest bathroom(with help from my awesome Uncle Terry) and it looks GREAT! Unfortunately, I don't have the "before" pictures because they are on Terry's camera. I do have the "after" pictures for you to admire. Before you do though, you have to imagine a dingy, yellow-tinted linoleum floor on the bathroom(do you have an ugly picture in your head yet?) Now, look at this improvement...


Now that the tile in the guest bathroom is completed, it's time for us to tile our master bathroom and the laundry room(more weekend projects!) I know it's going to look great in the end and be well worth all of the hard work. Thanks, Uncle Terry!

In the midst of all of this hard work, Patrick and I took an evening for ourselves to celebrate our FIRST ANNIVERSARY! I know what you're thinking...what?! Already?! Us too! The year has flown by and what a great one it has been! Here's a look back on some highlights that happened in our first year of marriage(I'm sure I'll forget lots of stuff...sorry)...

  • June 2nd, 2007 - We got married

  • June 4th-10th, 2007 - We honeymooned in Vancouver...GORGEOUS!

  • July 7th, 2007 - What a day! Shopoff family adds one when Heather marries Kevin AND McHam family adds one when Ashley marries Justin

  • August 27th, 2007 - Jessica starts her new job as a 1st grade teacher in Frisco ISD

  • November 29th-December 2nd 2007 - We visit grad schools in Georgia to check out the idea of moving there

  • December 15th, 2007 - Shopoff family adds ANOTHER when Jeanie marries Brien

  • December 22nd, 2007 - McHam family adds ANOTHER when Casey marries Josh

  • February 2008 - We decide not to go to Georgia and start looking around at houses

  • March 12th, 2008 - We close on our first home!

  • June 2nd, 2008 - We celebrate our 1st anniversary!

As you can see, we spent much of our year at other people's weddings and wedding showers...ha! What a special year it was for both of our families! Here's a picture of us on our anniversary...


Some of you may remember back to when I posted a few months ago about discovering baby bunnies in our yard, and now we have discovered more wildlife. Under our front patio, some birds have created a nest and now it is full of baby birdies. Patrick laughs at me but sometimes I'll stand in the front entrance and look through the window and watch them. They're so interesting to me! I even decided to take some pictures...here are a few.


Now that you've gotten the random updates from the past few months, hopefully we can stay a little more up-to-date. Since it's summer, I have a little more time to sit around and work on this. Speaking of summer, I should probably go enjoy some of it before it flies by...

4 comments:

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

The baby birds have grown so much! You can see so much more of them now. What great pictures!

June 16, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

WOW!!! I can't believe that it's been a year ALREADY!! You two are so happy, and I love the pictures! Sorry that we missed the open house, but we hope to come see you in your new home soon.
Love you!
Donna

June 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

I think you forgot another very important date: May 17th....

Just playing! I love you!

July 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM