Well, it is my favorite time of year...Fall! The weather has been just gorgeous(a rarity in Texas), and we have been busy enjoying it as much as we can. I wanted to give an update over things that we have been up to over the past month or so. Here goes...

In the middle of October, we finally had the chance to go to the lake for the first time this year! Sadly, with all of the weddings and other happenings over the summer, we didn't make it out there even once. We decided to meet my family there to celebrate my sister's birthday. It was great to spend time with everybody! We made it out on the boat one windy afternoon, and even Kaiko got to enjoy the lake a little bit. I have a few pics from the weekend. There may be more later!

Fun on the Boat


Kaiko loved the boat!


The weekend before Halloween, we were invited to go to a pumpkin-carving party. I was excited because I haven't carved pumpkins in YEARS! It was a "competition" between couples. We didn't really pick a winner, but I do have to say that I think ours was among the best. Check it out!


Teamwork!


Competition Jack-o-lantern #1


Competition Jack-o-lantern #2


Competition Jack-o-lantern #3


Our Jack-o-lantern...clearly the best!


The day after Halloween as a teacher can be a miserable experience. Our first grade team decided that we didn't particularly want that experience this year, and we planned a field trip...errr, I mean "study trip" as Frisco likes to call them...for the day following Halloween. We figured that with the kids hyped up on sugar we can send them out to run and have a good time at the Dallas Arboretum...while learning, of course! We have been studying plants, and therefore, the Arboretum is a great place to do this. The kids had a great time, and better than that, the teachers were all able to keep their sanity! Because I had so many parent chaperones, I didn't even have a group of kiddos to keep up with. I was able to walk around taking pictures and enjoying the beautiful Fall day. What fun!





"Mr. Grumpkins" - a 715 pound carved pumpkin
Yes, it's really real!




2 comments:

Aw, your pumpkin is cute. I keep thinking I need to host a pumpkin carving party. Nick and I did 20 this year. Looks like things are going well - so happy to see that!!

November 7, 2007 at 3:35 PM  

Fall FUN!!!!!!! I'm soooo glad that you posted more pictures! Looks like you all have been very busy....Love you all and see you soon!
Aunt Donna

November 8, 2007 at 12:46 PM